- Primary Care Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners &
- Physician Assistants
Banke Agarwal, MD
Giuseppe Aliperti, MD
Steven Edmundowicz, MD
Keith Naunheim, MD
Michael Presti, MD
Paul Schultz, MD
This course is designed to provide an overview of the recent advances in the field of gastrointestinal cancers. The distinguished faculty, who are well known experts in their fields, will take the participants on a guided tour of the state of the art in cancer diagnosis and management.
At the end of the course, the attendees will have a broad understanding of the issues in management of GI cancers and will be able to participate more effectively in the multidisciplinary care of these patients.
- Recall the guidelines and recommendations for screening, surveillance and endoscopic therapy for colon cancer.
- Evaluate the management of patients found to have neuroendocrine tumors of the gut.
- Analyze commonly encountered ethical dilemmas involved in the care of patients with gastrointestinal cancers.
- Differentiate on cost- effective imaging strategies in the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal cancers.
- Identify legal aspects related to medical lawsuits.
- Outline surveillance and chemoprevention guidelines for gastrointestinal cancers